Cpanel is a Linux based web hosting control panel provided by web hosting companies to the website owners to manage the website easily. It is designed to simplify the process of hosting a website easily without depending on web developers by providing the graphical interface and automation tools.
Cpanel uses a tiered structure to control the website in various aspects. An administrator, reseller and website owner can control the server and website through a web browser.
Advantages of Cpanel:
- Easy to use.
- Supports all languages.
- Adapts the screen size automatically. So we can use on any device.
- Has built-in file manager to manage the files easily.
- Integrated with phpMyAdmin tool to manage the databases easily.
- Has Integrated email wizard which helps to send or receive the mails using a mail client.
- Cpanel handles automatic upgrades of Apache, MySQL, PHP and other web applications.
What we can do with Cpanel:
Cpanel graphical interface and automation tools help to manage the website easily and 90% of websites hosting on Cpanel. Here what we can do with Cpanel.
- Upload files and images.
- Backup and restore the files using a backup wizard.
- Easily monitor available disk space.
- Connect domain names.
- Managing the databases.
- Installing web applications and content management systems like WordPress, Joomla etc…
- Checking website metrics like visitors and bandwidth
- Changing the security settings
- Email setup and settings
How to Login to Cpanel??
Normally, you can access your Cpanel by login to your web hosting account and can manage the Cpanel. The fastest way to access Cpanel is using Https on port 2083 for secured servers and Http on port 2082 for unsecured servers or can simply add the /Cpanel to the end of the website.
I hope this article helped you to know about Cpanel. Please share this article on Facebook, Google + and Twitter.