This post is the part of WordPress Glossary terms. The Editor is another term in WordPress glossary and lets check Editor role Permissions and limitations within the WordPress website.
Who is Editor in WordPress?
WordPress comes with a built-in user management system that allows you to create a single user website to multiple user websites managed by an administrator. Every user has its own predefined roles with own limitations.
The term Editor refers to a user role in WordPress having access to create, edit, publish and delete posts including other user’s posts.
Editors can edit the comments published on their posts. They can moderate, approve and delete comments. A user with editor role can upload the files and images. They can also manage categories, links and custom taxonomies.
- Create, edit and publish the posts and pages
- Delete posts and pages of their own including private post and pages
- Delete posts and pages of other users including private post and pages
- Edit posts and pages including other users
- Manage categories and links
- Moderate, approve and delete comments
- Upload the files and images